Friday, July 29, 2011

The beginning of an ending.

The journey begins; here I am on the Friday night before I leave home for college! I never thought I would be leaving the nest especially since I’m the only baby bird of the nest. I can’t lie; I am afraid and have no idea how I am going to feel when I begin my adventure out at sea.  I feel like a young pirate going off from old Britain to America. Not knowing what may happen or they’re going to be English speaking people.
I remember when I couldn’t walk across the street without having my mom look out the window watching if I was safe. Now I am driving across dry desert, mountain ranges, and open land without my mom looking out the window making sure I am heading the right direction. All she can do is give me map and a bible so I don’t get lost along the way.
My plans go so far, just like a burnt map searching for gold. I am going off to open sea with the hope of new land. Can this young pirate make it? Can the little birdie fly west for the winter? Will this young girl make it in Utah?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you girl! I wish you the best on your new journey and the best of luck in your marriage! Love ya & take care!

    ReplyDelete